Welcome to episode 2 of the Legally Bold web series:
#LAWGOALS: People With Law Degrees You Want to Grow Up To Be!
This episode features the award-winning photographer (and former lawyer), Laura Boyd. I met Laura at a retreat 5 years ago and have been in awe of her creativity, hustle, and heart ever since.
Laura has been a photographer and entrepreneur in NYC for 10 years and has been running her boudoir photography business, Own Your Sexy™, for 9 years.
This year Laura added fine art portraiture to her service offerings resulting in this photo:
Laura is also responsible for all of the photos on the Legally Bold website. In this interview, you’ll learn all about:
- Trial by Fire: How Laura went solo 1 year after passing the bar and how she learned to handle cases in court (@5:19);
- Transitions: How Laura tried on a few careers like legal assisting, real estate, and legal recruiting before becoming a photographer (@9:27);
- Living The Dream in Paris: Learn how Laura funded her dream of moving to Paris and learning french full time (@13:46);
- Document Review: Hear about the recruiter side of document review – what it means for your bottom line and resume (@14:32);
- Big Law Shuffle – Learn what it really takes to get into a large law firm, and how the odds may be against you because you didn’t go to the right law school (@19:55); and
- Making It In Photography: Finally, hear how a suggestion that Laura “take some headshots or something” turned into an award-winning photography studio. (@25:21)
You can find the interview here:
After viewing the conversation, let me know your thoughts in the comments below. You can connect with Laura on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.